A big, bright smile can light up any room, and we all want to feel good about our teeth. A smile with imperfections like missing teeth can hinder your confidence and cause issues in speaking and eating. However, there are solutions to help fix these problems and enhance your smile. We offer dental bridges at Berry & Berry Dental Associates in Granbury, Texas, to help patients restore their smiles. Read on if you are curious about dental bridges and how you could benefit from them.
Dental Bridges: What Are They?
So, what are dental bridges exactly? Dental bridges are prosthetic devices that dentists use to replace missing teeth. They comprise two or more crowns placed over the teeth on either side of the gap and a prosthetic tooth or between them to replace the missing tooth. They can be made from different materials, such as porcelain or ceramic, and they come in different shapes and sizes to blend in with your natural teeth.
What Are the Benefits?
It is common for dental procedures to have benefits. The reason for this is that dental procedures are there to help patients improve their oral care! At Berry & Berry Dental Associates, dental bridges can help you, especially if you find that you may need them. They offer several advantages over tooth replacement options such as dentures or implants.
- Less Invasive: They are less invasive than implants, as they don’t require surgical placement into the bone.
- Durable: Dental bridges are more durable than dentures, allowing for better chewing and speaking abilities.
What to Expect: The Procedure
The process of getting dental bridges is always a multi-step process. Typically done in 2-3 appointments, patients can expect the process to take a little while. However, it is worth the wait.
- The Examination: Like most procedures, the first step in getting a dental bridge is to get an exam. Dr. Jason Berry, Dr. Elizabeth Berry, or Dr. Adrienne Montgomery will thoroughly examine whether you’re a good candidate during the examination.
- Prepping the Teeth: Once Dr. Jason Berry, Dr. Elizabeth Berry, or Dr. Adrienne Montgomery have determined you’re a good candidate, the next step is to prepare the teeth. Our dentists will do this by prepping your teeth on either side of the gap by removing a portion of the enamel.
- Impressions: To get an accurately fitted dental bridge, we will take impressions of your tooth. After the teeth are prepared, impressions are taken to create the bridge in a dental lab.
- Temporary Bridge: Dental bridges can take a while to create at the dental lab so we will give you a temporary bridge during the wait. We will place the temporary bridge to protect the exposed teeth.
- Your New Dental Bridge: Once the bridge is complete, we will remove the temporary bridge and place your new, permanent dental bridge. Once we get your dental bridge set, we will cement it.
How to Care For Dental Bridges
Dental bridges require regular care to maintain their function and appearance. Natural teeth require daily brushing and flossing to remove plaque and prevent decay from forming underneath the bridge. Regular checkups with your dentist are also essential to ensure the bridge is functioning correctly and to address any issues that may arise.
Dental Bridges in Granbury, TX
Dental bridges can significantly improve the appearance and function of your teeth, allowing you to smile confidently. By replacing missing teeth, they can restore your ability to chew and speak, helping you to live a happy and healthy life. With proper care and maintenance, a dental bridge can last for many years, making it a worthwhile investment in oral health.
If you’re considering getting a dental bridge, schedule an appointment with Dr. Jason Berry, Dr. Elizabeth Berry, or Dr. Adrienne Montgomery at our office today to determine if it’s the right option.