When you chip or break a tooth, it can be pretty devastating. Not only is your smile affected, but you may also be worried about the long-term effects of the damage. A chipped or broken tooth may be a dental emergency, and we have many solutions to get your smile back on track. If you have a chipped or broken tooth or suffering from a dental emergency in Granbury, call our office, and we will do what we can to help you as soon as possible. We have the top Granbury emergency dentistry services.
What to Do if You Chip or Break a Tooth
If you have a chipped tooth, try to find the broken piece and bring it with you to your appointment. If you can’t find the broken piece, that’s okay. We have many dental solutions available to help repair your tooth without it.
If you have a broken tooth, rinse your mouth with warm water to clean the area around the break. Put a cold compress on your cheek to keep any swelling down. And, like with a chipped tooth, try to find the broken piece of the tooth. Please bring it with you to your appointment.
What Causes Teeth to Chip or Break?
Several things can cause teeth to chip or break, including:
- Biting down on hard objects like ice cubes or candy canes
- Using your teeth to open packages instead of scissors
- Grinding your teeth (bruxism)
- An injury to the face or mouth
- Cavities that weaken the structure of the tooth
Our Dental Services To Help Repair a Chipped or Broken Tooth
At our cutting-edge Granbury, Texas, dental facility, we offer several services to help repair a chipped or broken tooth, including:
- Tooth Bonding: Tooth bonding can provide a quick and easy way to repair the damage and restore your smile. Bonding involves using a special resin to build up the damaged area and match it to the surrounding tooth. We will match the resin to the color of your natural teeth and then bond it to the broken tooth. The process is quick and painless; we can usually do it in a single office visit. Best of all, tooth bonding provides a natural-looking way to repair chipped or broken teeth.
- Dental Veneers: This is an excellent option if you have a chipped front tooth. Veneers are thin porcelain shells bonded to the front surface of your teeth. Veneers are made to match the color of your natural teeth and are an excellent option for repairing chipped or cracked teeth.
- Crowns: A crown is a “cap” we place over your tooth. Crowns can be made from porcelain, gold, or a combination. They are an excellent option for repairing broken teeth.
- Dental Implants: Dental implants are an excellent option for replacing missing teeth or replacing damaged teeth. An implant is a metal post that we place in your jawbone. Once the implant has healed, we place a new tooth on top of it.
- Laser Dentistry:Your treatment can be completed easier and with greater accuracy thanks to the Diode Laser’s unique ability to identify issues below the tooth’s surface. Lasers have reduced the need for shots and excessive dental work, which is a considerable benefit. The lives of our patients have significantly improved as a result.
No matter what type of dental damage you have, we can help. We will work with you to find the best solution for your needs.
Granbury Emergency Dentistry
Dr. Jason Berry, Dr. Elizabeth Berry, Dr. Adrienne Montgomery, and the Berry & Berry Dental Associates team are here to help you with all of your dental needs, including help with a damaged tooth. Talk to us if you’re looking for a way to quickly and easily get your smile back.
For a chipped tooth, try to find the broken piece and bring it with you. If you have a broken tooth, rinse your mouth with warm water and put a cold compress on your cheek. And in both cases, try to find the broken piece of tooth and bring it with you. There are several things that can cause teeth to chip or break, but we can help repair your smile no matter what the cause may be!